5 Top Tips on how to have a good summer in business
The sun is shining and it feels nice and toastie. But there are a lot of people who feel like business stops in the summer. They worry about how to keep the new leads coming in and how to ensure that everything continues and their business thrives.
Well, here’s how to have a good summer in business. These 5 simple steps will help you feel happier, more optimistic and help you grow your business in the summer too!
- Don’t panic. Do not think that it’s all going wrong just because there are some people on holiday. There are 27.2 million households in the UK and 69% of those have families. There are still those 31% that don’t, so unless they want to pay a premium for travel, there are enough people who don’t have kids and don’t take time off in the summer to go after.
- Take this time to build your strategy and lists. What do you want to get out of the rest of the year, where are you going to spend the rest of your budget? What timescales are you giving yourself? What is business critical? What have you been meaning to do for ages but not got around to?
- Who do you want to talk to as a prospective customer? Get someone to build the list or spend hours on LinkedIn doing it yourself and call them to. Telemarketing works well in the summer time.
- Email people who have agreed for you to keep in touch. If they’re off, their out of office reply gives you a tonne of really good information (like the mobile number for their boss which is fine to call as long as you TPS screen it).
- Be ok with taking time out and finishing a bit earlier if your job allows. That time to yourself is going to help you feel more alive and motivated to work when you need to. Relax a bit and enjoy the sunshine. That Vitamin D will do no end of good for you!
You see, it’s a great time for building a solid foundation. Making a plan, being optimistic. If you need help with any of this then get in touch on 0800 009 6250
Thanks for reading!